Audio is automatically enabled when you log into the live applet – you may need to update or enable your Flash settings on your web browser if you are experiencing audio issues. We recommend using Google Chrome as it is most compatible with our website. Depending on your web browser, here are instructions on how to check your Flash settings:
- In the address bar, type select the green padlock located to the far left.
- On the Content settings screen, find the Flash Player listing.
- Ensure it is set to 'Allow' and not 'Ask (Default)'.
- After adjusting the setting, refresh your page. The audio should now enable.
Note: If the audio does not activate, see the three blue buttons on the applet. The middle one may read 'Initializing...' or 'Audio Available'. Click on the button until it reads 'Audio On' to enable audio.
- Click the "..." button to access the Edge menu.
- Select the Settings menu item.
- Scroll down to the Advanced Settings section and click the View advanced settings button.
- Locate the Use Adobe Flash Player section and toggle the switch on to enable Adobe Flash Player.
- Restart the web browser.
- Choose Firefox > Tools > Add-ons.
- Select Plugins.
- In the list of Add-ons, look for Shockwave Flash (another name for Flash Player) and check the status that appears to the right of the plug-in name.
- Select Always Activate.
- Close the dialog box.
Related Article: Resolving audio & video problems - Flash